AVI is Audio Video Interleaved which is a multimedia format which contains both audio & video data in a file container and allows synchronous audio with video playback. Disaster can happen at any point of time & to anyone who is fond of watching movies & keep their videos in the Mac machine. The end result of data disaster event is losing data from system.
Suppose, let us consider a situation, you are copying AVI files from the external storage media using CUT + PASTE option, all of a sudden you remove the device without using exit option & checking whether the transferring process is complete or not Due to this your files may go missing from the device. The fact behind this is that when you copy or move the file from one location to the other, then the file gets removed from source location to get copied in destined location & if interruption takes place then this leads to loss of AVI files.
Some reasons behind loss of pictures from Mac hard drive:
- Volume header stores all info about sector address, size of volume, file system type & also other information. And by any chance header gets damaged then all AVI files & other files become inaccessible.
- If you format the drive during partition process by mistake or format the system while installing new Operating System your AVI files gets deleted from the corresponding drive. Sometimes user may also format the drive to change the file system from HFSX to HFS + which will result in loss of video files from the system.
- If you run more than one program at a time then it can also lead to Mac system crash as a result of which all AVI files present in the drive become inaccessible along with other files.
- Accidental deletion of AVI files from Mac system using CMD +DELETE also leads to loss of video files from the system
- Catalog corruption may occur due to power surges, virus infection & so on. The Mac hard drive crashes & OS fail to boot the HDD as video files are not recognized by Operating system. As a result you lose your AVI files.
You must be thinking ‘How do I recover AVI files?’ Best method to get back missing AVI files is performing recovery process using Mac disk recovery software. It can also recover bad HDD data on almost all versions of Mac Operating System such as Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard, etc. It is prominent software that can find all missing files from Mac hard drive using strong algorithm & scan each & every file without changing its contents. Sometimes you may lose data due to system crash, malware infection, file system corruption, conversion of file system, accidental deletion, etc. By using this software you can easily get back data from Mac hard drive. Know more about MacBook Air data recovery after HDD crash on http://www.macdiskrecoverysoftware.com/macbook-air-crashed-hard-drive-recovery.html. You can use the trial version of the application if you satisfied with the result then you can buy the original version & get back all files from Mac HDD.
Carry out the simple steps to recover AVI files:
Step 1: Select “Recover Photos” from the main screen after launching Mac disk recovery tool as shown in fig 1
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Then you will get new screen, select either “Recover Deleted Photos” or "Recover Lost Photos" option. Refer Fig 2 for this
Fig 2: Select Recovery Option
Step 3: Select the Mac drive from where you have lost your AVI files then start the recovery process as shown in Fig 3
Fig 3: Select Drive
Step 4: Once the process is completed, you can preview the recovered videos in an organized manner by clicking on "Preview" option. See Fig 4
Fig 4: Recovered File List