There are times, where you may receive an error message such as “disk not formatted, format it now”, “drive not recognized”, etc upon connecting external drive to computer for accessing its data. These kind of errors will not allow you to access data from your drive. You start to worry about cause for such unusual behavior of the drive? It's because of the damage of your storage drive…. Whether it is a hard drive or other external storage drives like external hard drives, USB drives, FireWire Drives, memory cards and iPods they often get damaged due to a number of factors leading to loss of crucial data. Almost everyone has to deal with the pain and trouble that a drive damage can bring about and you will be in fear of losing all the countless files and folders you have saved on your drive.
Now, you blame yourself for not taking backup of those important files may because you didn’t have sufficient time. And hence it's very essential to recover your personal data such as documents and folders from a damaged drive as early as possible. However, drive damage is a common issue and with implementation of the right tool like Mac disk drive recovery software and you can get back your files from damaged drive without facing difficulties. Mac drive data recovery software is a specialized program developed to recover drive data on Mac OS X based operating systems namely Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion. Also by taking corrective actions after the damage of your drive, you can save 99% of your files in a safe way. This will help you to recover external hard disk data on Mac computer regardless of the reason for data loss.
Scenarios responsible for corruption of storage drive and data loss are:
- File System Corruption: Corruption of file system is the important cause behind the damage of the drive. File system mainly gets damaged due to external viruses, malware or spyware attacks, errors during file transfer, sudden system shutdown, power outages, etc.
- Abrupt Removal of Drive: Abrupt removal of external drives from computer during file transfer or failure to eject external drives before disconnecting them could result in damage/corruption of external storage drives.
- Formatting/Re-formatting Errors Errors: Incorrect formatting oror reformatting, interruptions during formatting of drive as a result of power failures, system shutdown and improper method of formatting can damage your storage drive, pops up error messages and causes data inaccessibility when it is connected to computer for data transfer.
- Drive Issues: Bad sectors, exposure to over heat, aging of the drive and other factors may lead to corruption of the drive.
- Hard Drive Problems: Accidentally deleting system files that are very essential for hard disk to run normally on Mac system, improperly closing a program, turning off your system before closing all opened files or programs and installation of new softwares can lead to logical damage of a hard drive.
Main actions that need to be taken after the damage of the drive:
Firstly avoid using your damaged drive for further data storage and keep in a safe place to prevent physical damages. Avoid formatting or reformatting the drive after corruption. If you do, it will decrease the chances of data recovery from Mac OS Snow Leopard. Download and install the demo version of Mac drive data recovery software on your computer, connect your damaged drive as an external storage drive, select it from the list of recognized logical drives and carry out simple steps as shown by its user interface. It displays a list of recovered files from damaged/corrupted drive at the end of data recovery process. There is Find option to search for any desired file using their file types.
Key features of Mac drive data recovery software
- Mac drive data recovery software uses powerful scan engine to locate and restore around 280 file types from damaged drives on Macintosh systems.
- It uses advanced file signature feature to get back lost files from corrupted storage drives including hard drives, external hard drives, USB flash drives, flash memory cards and iPods.
- You can recover various files such as photos, videos, songs, word files, presentations, excel sheets, PDF files, Zip archives, emails and other types from inaccessible drives after damage.
- In addition, restoring lost data from formatted, reformatted volumes and re-partitioned Mac hard drives is possible by using Mac drive data recovery software.
- Other than damaged hard drive, this tool will aid you to retrieve data from bad hard drive, failed hard drive, crashed or unbootable hard disk drive.
- Also recover photos from Mac OS X lost due to file system corruption and malware attack
- It supports data recovery from Hitachi, Iomega, Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, LaCie, Buffalo, Maxtor, Samsung and other brands hard drive as well as external HDDs.
- Recover USB on Mac after improper usage of USB drive, virus infection, file system corruption & accidental deletion
- You can also restore files from major USB drive as well as memory card brands including Transcend, SanDisk, Kingston, Lexar, Sony, etc.
- This Mac drive data recovery tool can be utilized to execute crashed hard drive data recovery on MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac and MacMini models developed by Apple Computers Inc.
The simple procedure to recover data from damaged drive on Mac is briefly mentioned below:
Step-1: Download and install the demo version of the Mac drive data recovery utility on a healthy Mac hard drive after connecting the damaged drive to it as slave and launch it properly. After successful launching the application select “Recover Volume / Drive” from the welcome screen. Click on “Volume Recovery” after that from the next Window.
Step-2: After that select the damaged disk as the physical drive and click on “Next” to start the damaged drive recovery process. After the scanning process is over, you can view all the data recovered from the corrupted/damaged drive along with their details
Note - It is always a good habit to backup your important drive data onto any external hard drive and update it on a regular basis to overcome the loss of data when the drive gets damaged in the future.